
Miranda became a US Citizen when our plane landed in the US on April 11th, but yesterday we got her official Certificate of Citizenship from the Department of Homeland Security. Now that we have this document, we can proceed with acquiring some other important documents. We will do a readoption mainly because it will be much easier if Miranda has a Texas birth certificate. We also need to apply for a social security number and a US Passport. Of course the Passport applications requires a social security number and the Social Security Office wants a US Passport as proof of identity. Seriously? Since I can go down to the Social Security Office with a host of other documents proving her identity, I think I've got a better shot of getting that one first. I'll let you all know how it goes next week.
3 comments:
I had no problem getting Kobe's SS#. I went to my local office with all my official documents from Kaz & it took about 10 minutes. I know someone in DC that had a more difficult time. Each office must have different rules:(
Good Luck!!!!
Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
Just put all of your utilities in her name, and the SS# should be fine. She can also then start getting credit card offers, just like a "real" 'Merican!
We think you should apply for her driver's license. Just work on her parallel parking before she goes in for the test.
Post a Comment