Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Week 2

Two more families from our agency arrived Monday, one from GA and one from MI. Both are adopting little boys that are in Miranda's room at the baby house. We were all in the big play room today during our bonding time today. Having been here a week without many people to speak English with, we were happy to share our experiences being one week ahead of them in the process. We didn't have that much time to get to know them since Miranda had to get her passport and visa photo today. She wasn't smiling in the picture, which is probably appropriate since I can't imagine she'll be smiling when we go through passport control after 24 hours of traveling. Miranda has had a little bit of a cold since we got here. We purchased some meds at the local apteka (drug store) and she sounded a little better today.

We found another grocery store about 3 blocks away inside a mall. It is farther than the Gros right across the street, but this store has a much better selection of everything. Our driver also took us to a Ramstore closer to the baby house, but it was much the same as the store at the mall. We've been trying different types of local dumplings, all pretty good. I made some chili that we've been eating on baked potatoes. It's alright, as good as it could be with the limited supplies. Tomorrow night I'll be doing a stir fry with chicken, mushrooms, snow peas and a mustard and soy sauce. For breakfast tomorrow I'm going to make some berry filled crepes (all from stuff I found in the freezer section).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be great to be the "experienced" parents in the room! I bet the new folks are hanging on your every word.

Rebecca said...

Well, the couple from MI has a bio daughter and a daughter from Guatamala, so I wouldn't say we're the "experienced" parents, more that we're experienced in how things work in Kaz.

Anonymous said...

Oh well. Take what you can get. :)