I am excited to announce that we are about to start Miranda's last week of day care. In the last eight weeks we have experienced six weeks of colds, two mystery fevers, a case of bronchitis that has us on our fouth week of nebulization, two fights with other babies that resulted in Miranda losing her balance and hitting her head, and one other head bumping incident. We also had an incident where the day care gave out Miranda's last name and room number to another parent who simply told the front desk he worked with me. Yes, I am very excited to announce that this is Miranda's last week of day care, indeed.
Instead, we will be employing a nanny who comes to our house everyday to care for Miranda. Our nanny comes highly recommended from a good friend and former employer. I've heard her praises for years and seen her work first hand with my friend's children. Everyone I've talked with that has employed a nanny says that there will be amazing changes in Miranda's health and demeanor. Miranda always has a pretty good demeanor, but I can't wait until she reclaims her health!

2 comments:
Now, you know you can't keep her in a banker's box, right? Right?
Yay! Your experience is one of the reasons we've been so reticent to put Emma in daycare. In her 14 months, she's only had one minor cold, and my (possibly swine-flu) chest cold.
Everyone I know that has nanny's loves them! Yay! Nanny's!
Post a Comment