Thursday, July 23, 2009

Or not ...

As some of you may have already heard, our fabulous nanny that was going to start Monday called this week to say she was taking a different job. I think I'm over most the stages of grief now and day care was able to extend Miranda's spot indefinitely at this point, so we are kinda back at square one. We hope to be able to locate another even better nanny, but it is a bit more scary since we won't personally know any of the references.

In other news, Miranda has been taking a few unassisted steps since last weekend and we will try to get some video this weekend for the blog. She also has three teeth now with two more racing to be #4 and #5.

Question for all you other mothers out there ... when did you start brushing your children's teeth? We got one of those gum brushes because we thought day care required it (they didn't) but Miranda is less than interested in tooth brushing at this age. Suggestions?

4 comments:

HeatherAnne said...

Start now. We started brushing both kids when we were "tooth" brushing rather than teeth brushing. She'll get used to it. The earlier you start, the faster she'll get used to it. As soon as she starts biting (she will), switch to a small infant brush.

Rachel said...

I'd say, start doing some very gentle, low-key 'brushing' now. Get some toothpaste that tastes relatively good and that will help. Tom's of Maine has some good ones.

Cyn said...

I recommend the "Banana Brush." I give it to Emma after all meals and she gnaws on it a bit and we talk about brushing our teeth. It seems to do the trick and it's easy for her to hold/use.

Find it here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Original-Baby-Banana-Toothbrush/dp/B0010LR812

Anonymous said...

Pour a small glass of Cream-d-mint, dip infant brush
gently brush Miranda's teeth and gums save a little for
yourself. Love Phil