Saturday, June 6, 2009

Week 1 Recap

So after a not so great transition week, Miranda started day care full time this week since I am back at work. Ben gets up with Miranda in the morning, gives her a bottle, breakfast, a little bit of play time, then gets her dressed and off to day care. I pick her up after work and when we get home, we eat dinner, followed by more play time, bath, bottle and bedtime. Ben usually gets home in time for dinner as well.

Miranda did not cry most of the week when Ben dropped her off at day care and the teachers say that she is doing well during the day. I had intended on visiting Miranda at lunch time but the one day I tried she was napping. It's probably for the best because she would probably be very mad if I came to see her and left without her.

Wednesday is water play day at day care, so Ben takes Miranda to school in her swim suit. He got a couple of pictures, but Miranda now makes a move for the camera as soon as she sees it, so it's getting difficult to get "baby in her natural state" pictures.






Thursday I got my first call from day care ... Miranda is fine, but I fed her spaghetti and you didn't circle spaghetti on the menu, but she ate it and liked it, but you hadn't circled it on the menu ... I hadn't circled spaghetti because I was told to circle the table foods that Miranda had already been eating at home, and we just hadn't done spaghetti yet. I reassured the teacher that if Miranda wanted to try new food, it was OK as long as we knew what she was trying in case of a reaction later.

Friday I got my second call from day care ... Miranda was pulling up and lost her balance and hit her forehead on the edge of the table. There was a red mark and she cried for a while, but she was OK now ... There is a small mark, but you kind of have to look for it. It was nice of the teacher to call and let me know, but it made me think it was more serious than it actually was.
So for now it looks like Miranda is adjusting well to day care.

3 comments:

Dean and Janie said...

Hi, I've just found your blog and have enjoyed reading about Miranda very much. It helps to see how the little ones can adjust over time. Thank you for sharing and God Bless your little family in days to come!

Rachel said...

Hooray for Miranda (and her parents)!

Oh yes, my favorite call from daycare was, "Thomas fell off a bike on the playground, right onto the concrete, head first...but he didn't lost consciousness!"

Well, thank goodness for that detail. Usually it's like, "but it's not bleeding," or, "but he seems fine," but no...mentioning the possibility of being unconscious...well, that gets my attention!

Bob said...

Oh! I'm so happy to read that taking Miranda to daycare is getting less traumatic. Hooray!