Monday, January 16, 2012

Salmon with Pepper and Pac Choi Saute

Last night I tackled the pac choi, which after googling I found out is really just another name for bok choy.  As you can see here, I baked some salmon, seasoned with Emeril's Asian spice.  To accompany that, I started with this recipe, but of course I modified it more for our family tastes.  Like, instead of mincing one teaspoon each of ginger and garlic, I julienned a two inch piece of ginger and sliced 5 large cloves of garlic.  I also added about a cup of sliced shiitake mushrooms and two of my monster green onions julienned to the pan at the same time as the garlic and ginger.  I used the entire bunch of pack choi and I dashed a little more of Emeril's Asian spice into the veggies when I added the soy sauce.  Voila, dinner.


And yes Jennifer, I ate an entire serving of those vegetables without picking anything out.  Miranda only ate the peppers.

3 comments:

Karon said...

What time shall I be over the next time you make this? Salmon is one of the things I miss post about living in the Pacific NW.

Rebecca said...

Karon, dinner is at 6:30 and you are welcome to drop by, but the drive from AL to TX is pretty far to go for dinnerr. :)

Aunt Jenny said...

Ahhh, you make your big sister proud! Ha! Sounds like you'll be able to get the vampires away too!