I was waiting to see what pictures I would have before I created this post, but now it's official, we have almost no pictures of Christmas 2011. All of the pictures taken between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve eve have been lost to a camera incident that we will not be discussing further for the sake of those involved. We only have a handful of pictures from Christmas morning at home from a second camera.
We spent Christmas Eve in both Kingsbury and Austin, followed by Christmas morning at home and then my grandmother's house. Miranda was assailed with gifts. Below, Miranda is excited to open her newest pony, from her BFF Brianna.
Miranda had to help Pepper open his gift, you know, because he doesn't have hands.
Christmas night we travelled to Atlanta and the next morning led to more gift opening at Aunt Nancy's house, with even more gifts later at Uncle Billy's birthday lunch. Miranda was most pleased that Val let her put the candle on Uncle Billy's cake. That evening we were able to see Noah again. You may recall our previous visits here and here. This is the time where I will take a moment to be bitter and say that there WERE some really adorable photos of the two eating dinner, doing yoga poses, hiding under the trampoline, and trashing Noah's toy room (once again Amelia and Mark, REALLY sorry about that).
OK, moving on ... it was a lovely week in Atlanta. We visited the Atlanta Zoo for the first time and got to see several animals we don't have in San Antonio such as giraffes, gorillas and panda bears. I have trouble deciding if Miranda makes a better lion or a better Kangaroo. Thoughts?
We were fortunate to spend New Year's Eve with our friends the Fowlkes' and the Kimbro's who also have cute pictures and videos of the kids on their blogs. Miranda was mesmerized by the sparklers. She was also the only one of the kids who made it until midnight.
We were able to get one good shot of Miranda with her Great-Gran Mitzi before we left town.
Hopefully we will get to return to Atlanta soon (hopefully VERY soon) to see everyone again.
1 comment:
Spending New Year's Eve together again sounds wonderful. I'm glad you all had a good trip!
Post a Comment