Several years ago when all of our friends joined CSA's, I looked into it, but there was only one farm near us and the drop-off locations and times were not particularly convenient. Oh yeah, and I don't love vegetables. Last spring, one of my employees offered up her share to anyone in our unit willing to drive all the way over to Alamo Heights to pick it up. Wait ... What?!?! That's where I live. So in the intervening years, that one farm has grown and expanded and there is now a Saturday morning drop-off less than a mile from our house. We joined in the summer and walked most weekends to pick up our crops. It went well enough. I learned that I just can prepare eggplant in a way that any of us will eat it, except in cake form (think zucchini bread). We also had okra coming out of our ears in the end. This weekend was our first pick-up of winter crops. This week's share includes
Green Leaf Lettuce, Rainbow Chard, Green Shallots, a Kale mix, a Pac Choi and a
head of Broccoli.

1 comment:
We grow loads of swiss chard and love it. Just treat it like really big spinach. Good for you on the CSA
Post a Comment