Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No more bunnies

Now that it's been almost two months and the subject is timely due to Easter, I'd like to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I am officially out of the bunny business.

Helen, our brown bunny, died a year and a half ago at the good old age of 9.5 years. Dana, the orange one, made it to 11 years and was blind and deaf for most of the last year. We loved the bunnies greatly and they provided lots of entertainment, but we decided that it is highly unlikely we will ever have bunnies again. In fact we've already sold the cage and all the accessories to someone from my work with a pregnant bunny.

I've long ago lapsed my membership in various rabbit rescue organizations and while a few of my bunny trinkets will remain on display, I am no longer collecting new rabbit trinkets (hint, hint).

4 comments:

Philip said...

I get the hint yet I am still sorry the bunnies are gone. This marks the end of a stage in your life's routine. Love, Philip and Paula

Philip said...

Happy Easter!

Love Paula & Phil

Aunt Jenny said...

I'll miss Dana's super soft fur!
Sorry, but you may have to endure a couple more bunny trinkets..... some of use do shop ahead on occasion.
Happy Easter!
Jennifer

Bob said...

I imagine it's bittersweet to let them go. On the one hand, they were your first dependents and super lovable. On the other hand, you now have a daughter who's even more lovable and requires her own maintenance. I expect it's a relief to simplify your life a little. But I bet you still miss them a little, too.