Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ouch!

I know you all really come to this blog to read about Miranda, but my name is in the title, so indulge me for a moment. 

I started playing co-ed soccer again after a four year hiatus.  The last time I physically exerted myself was walking a 5K in November.  Last night was our first game.  Ouch.

To make matters worse, I was off all day with Miranda since it was President's day.  I decided with all this free time I would make Spinach Enchiladas.  I used this recipe and added some shredded chicken to the filling.  Some highlights of this recipe ...

4 cups of cheese
2 cups of half & half
1 cup of heavy cream
1 stick of butter

And this is what I ate before playing my first soccer game in four years, at 8pm.  Ouch.

4 comments:

Aunt Jenny said...

"ouch!"....more like "ralph"!
Sound like a winner any other time though.

Philip said...

Well, if you like your fat fortified by a bit of (spinach), I guess....

Bob said...

Wow. I thought we'd been cooking with a lot of dairy lately, but that puts things in perspective. Still sounds yummy, sams the soccer. :-)

Bill said...

Um, so, um, when did your digestive track hit reverse?