We had multiple stations of fun set up in our backyard such as ...
... the slide (it is truly amazing how many times in a row one toddler can go down the slide without losing interest) ....
... a basketball court ...
... a bubble station ...
... a wading pool ...
Whew, I'm exhausted just remembering all that fun. The kids all seemed to enjoy themselves and since the party was in the late morning, the temperature was only in the mid-ninety's when it wrapped. I was assured by almost all the parents that their children had really solid naps that day, which is the true sign of a successful party.
Birthday celebrations did come to a close the following weekend after a visit from Aunt Karen and Uncle John-John who delivered the last of the presents. Unfortunately now Miranda thinks it always has to be *someones* birthday. Ah, Christmas is just around the corner, right?
4 comments:
What a fun idea! Will have to save this for future reference. And this reminds me I need to post about Risa's 4th birthday party. Slacker mom here.
Dear Rebecca,
The wood just gleams. Especially against the green wall. it couldn't look more perfect.
What a fun party too. All any child turning three could ask for. I hope you got a nap--several actually.
Nice job all around.
Love,
Paula
Great party execution! I'm not sure whether I'm more impressed with all the well-used play stations or the monkey you made using cake icing!
Great party execution! I'm not sure whether I'm more impressed with all the well-used play stations or the monkey you made using cake icing!
Post a Comment