Monday, November 30, 2009

We're Back!

Two weeks ago I spent an entire week planning for our trip to Atlanta for Thanksgiving and last week we were in Atlanta visiting Ben's family and some friends. I didn't get as many pictures on the trip as I would have liked, but I do have some to share.


Miranda getting to know her Great-Gran Mitzi.


While in Atlanta, we got to visit the Georgia Aquarium which is one of my favorite places. Miranda seemed to enjoy it, but I think it may have been a little overwhelming for her. Afterwards we had dinner with our friends The Fowlkes.



I think these fish are very big!

Fish overhead!

We also got to visit with Amelia, Mark and Noah. Noah was in the same room as Miranda in the baby house in Astana. It was so awesome to see our babies playing together again. They have both grown significantly since our days in Astana and their little personalities have developed a lot since then as well. Noah, who used to be the couch potato of the group, had no problem showing Miranda where all the cool toys were. And then they threw them all over the kitchen.



Thanksgiving was spent at Ben's Uncle Bill's house where Miranda made some new friends.


I'm thankful for this bowl full of goldfish and the dog sniffing my diaper.

It was a really great trip to Atlanta and Miranda did amazingly well with the travel and all the new people. She enjoyed seeing her Grandma Paula and Grandpa Phil again and she also enjoyed meeting her Great Gran, all her Great Aunts and Uncles, cousins and new friends for the first time. Miranda is especially greatful to her Great Aunt Nancy (as are Ben and I) for her hospitality over the week.

Now we just have to convince Miranda to return to our normal, boring routine at home.

3 comments:

Cyn said...

Looks like ya'll had an awesome holiday. Miranda's grown so much! : )

Bob said...

That sounds like a great trip! And speaking of trips, we're looking forward to seeing you Friday!

Anonymous said...

Hello Ben and Rebecca,

We found your blog about little Miranda from Astana. I don't know if you remenber us but we were also in Astana at the same time.
It 's very good with Diana and Noah.
Can you send me your email adress than ik can write you al langer letter.

ben.sarah.noah@telenet.be

It's nice to read about your little girl. She changed a lot.

We hope to hear something from you.

Sarah,Ben, Noah and Diana (Belgium)