Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Actual dinner conversation

Miranda: You have a headband?
Rebecca: Yes, I do.
Miranda: Why you have a headband?
Rebecca: I was using it to hold my hair back when I washed my face.
Miranda: You have a headband like mine, same-same!
Rebecca: Uh-huh, JUST like yours, SAME-SAME.
Miranda: Mama, you need to tell me somethin'?
Rebecca: Uh, what do you mean?
Miranda: (blink, blink)
Rebecca: Yes baby, I have to tell you that this is really your headband. Mommy is borrowing it.
Miranda: MINE! You can't borrow it.
Rebecca: Please Miranda, can I borrow your headband?
Miranda: You can borrow it.
Rebecca: Thank you, Miranda.

4 comments:

Aunt Jenny said...

Oh, goodness. Sounds like you're going to have a tough time getting anything past Miranda! That's hilarious!
I wish I could have seen the "blink, blink" look she gave you. Ummmmm, wonder who she picked that one up from?

Bob said...

Busted. That's hysterical! And after lunching with her endearing self last week I can totally imagine that "blink, blink" look, too. Heh! :-)

Ginger said...

Sooo, you need headbands for your birthday? Tell Miranda to pick some out for you, and I'll spring for them.

Philip said...

Tsk, tsk, Rebecca.