Apparently this adage holds true for two-year olds as well as the adult purchaser of groceries. Today Miranda accompanied me to the grocery store while Ben mowed the lawn. We hit the produce section first and Miranda's little hand immediately latched onto a large red bell pepper...which she then proceeded to bite into like an apple. And eat, all through the grocery store. Of course I failed to foresee this scenario when I put her is a white tee shirt this morning. I did actually give her a snack of raisins, dried bananas and dried strawberries before we left for the store, but I guess little Miss M was still hungry. So this red pepper, along with a whole plum she also insisted I buy turned into Miranda's healthy lunch.
4 comments:
Deja vu. John also would snag peppers to eat during grocery shopping many years ago. Alas, he is no longer particularly interested in eating them raw, though he continues to be more willing to try spicy foods than Robert.
Tom says you had better be careful-don't park her next to the habaneros or jalapenos. These pics are hilarious. Tom says he used the story to get the boys at work to eat their fajita peppers
Well, she certainly has good taste (all puns intended).
You're obviously doing something right if you're kid snags bell peppers as snack food. Too cute!
Post a Comment