Wednesday, January 20, 2010

18 month update

As usual, Ben and I are both extremely busy at work, and I will continue to be this busy into the middle of March when this 8 hour briefing I'm preparing is over (yes, I did say 8 hours). I apologize for the lack of blog posts, but it is hard to find the time.

Miranda is doing great. She turned 18 months a few weeks ago and is in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. She makes animal sounds for a horse, monkey, snake and elephant. She also "thumps" for bunny, but that's really just using her hand. We have taught her a few words in sign language to help facilitate communication. She signs for milk, water, eat, more, down, stop, please and thank you. She says Mama, Dada, up (still her favorite), eee (to accompany the sign for eat), nigh-nigh, and uh-uh instead of uh-oh. And she's picked up my bad habit of saying "um" however she does it intentionally. She is learning to shake her head yes, but right now it almost resembles a full body convulsion. We aren't really working on "no" quite intentionally. She has her front eight teeth and this afternoon I noticed two little molars starting to break through on top so Miranda will be getting a nightly does of Tylenol for the next week.

What else can I say? She perfect and wonderful and almost always a joy to be around (she is teething). I'll try to snap a bunch of pictures this weekend to share, but I'm making no promises.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

She sounds perfect! We can't wait to meet her. : )

Bob said...

When in March will your work lives simmer down? Cindy & Paul are aiming for Houston in mid-March and it would be so cool if y'all could come to town, too. Miranda and Emma together would be fun!

Rebecca said...

Sadly, things are day to day here. At first it looked like I'd be free after 3/10. Now not until 3/22. However, I've gotten word that one of the big guys wants to change the whole deal up, so who knows. Just let us know when Cindy & Paul will be in town and we'll try our hardest to make it too.

Bob said...

I'm sorry that you're working too hard, but I'm glad that you might be able to come visit anyway. We'll keep you posted!

Bob said...

Update: Cindy & Paul and Amy now all have flights into Houston Friday Mar 12 and departing Monday Mar 15. If it turns out you can come (which I hope it does!), let us know when you'll be here and we can plan to all gather with the Kimbros and Hawes-s too. Bob

Philip said...

Miranda literally sounds perfect, whether horse or any other animal. Phil and I are sorry you and Ben have to work so hard though. We hope you'll get to spend times with your friends in March. We're home from Puerto Rico, scorched from a day of snorkeling and euphoric from a week in a rain forest. We highly recommend it for the three of you as soon as you are free. (Sometime in the next decade?)

We'll try to call on off hours on the weekend just to chat with Miranda. Thanks for keeping us posted, especially given how busy you are!

Love, Gramma Paula & Grampa Phil