Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkins!

Thursday evening the three of us went to an event at Preferred Landscaping. Mark, my friend Crystal's husband is one of the owners. They had food, music, and lots and lots of pumpkins. They were also collecting Turkeys and/or money for the local food bank. Miranda really enjoyed running around with all the older kids, and was not too excited to sit in the middle of pumpkins and smile for pictures. We did get some cute shots.

OK, can I go play now?



Amy with Abbey, Me with Miranda, Naomi with Brianna


Mama, is there a pumpkin on my head?


Miranda LOVED the food bank truck.


See, I can balance on one foot (not really).

5 comments:

Michael said...

That last picture is fantastic. She looks ready for dancing with the stars.

Bob said...

So cute! I love her purple tunic and I agree with Michael that the last one looks like dancing. Adorable!

Philip said...

The pumpkin shots are great in their own right, and they also bring back fond memories of yearly treks for the halloween pumpkin when Ben was a child--lots of photos of Ben in the midst of a pile of pumpkins. And the last shot, well, I concur with the previous commentors and note that she fits well in a long line of dancing fools on both sides of her family, as I recall from B&R's wedding dinner. Her great-grandma Polly taught dancing most of her life, and as I got older, I assisted. It's really great to see the traditions continue!
Gramma Paula

Philip said...

BTW, I just learned from a PBS special that scientists think that apples and tulips originated in the mountains of Kazakhstan. What a lovely heritage for our granddaughter!

Paula

Bill said...

It looks like none of those are suitable for turning into carriages. Seems like princess Miranda will need to wait a few more years... ;-)