Friday, September 12, 2008

Sassy Sisters

Many women in my life have had breast cancer including my Step-mom Bonnie, my Aunt Sandra, several neighbors, family friends, and co-workers. Without trying real hard, I can think of nine women I know who have battled breast cancer, eight of them lucky enough to survive it. My Aunt Sandra has survived breast cancer twice, this year being her 20th and 10th years of survivorship. Sandra and her friend Deb, a 12 year survivor, are walking in the Dallas Breast Cancer 3-Day as the Sassy Sisters in honor of another friend Linda who is currently battling breast cancer. The Sassy Sisters both turned 60 this year will walk 60 miles over three days in November to raise money to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. I'm proud to support these women in the fight against breast cancer.

No comments: