Sunday, August 10, 2008

Volunteers?

I've been thinking about how I'm going to find time to research all the baby things Ben and I are going to need. Things are super busy right now between launching a new product at work and studying for my exam. There are lists at BabiesRUs, but since our baby will likely be 9 months or older when she comes home, how do I know what stuff is no longer needed once a baby is that old?

So Friday at work when the department admin, who is my friend and grandmother to a one year old, asked if I had any work for her, I jokingly asked if she wanted to register me for all the stuff I would need on BabiesRUs.com. Apparently she and another woman who sits next to me (mother to a 9 month old) really liked this idea and spent the next 1/2 hour registering for things in my name.

Before you read any further, I need you to know ... DO NOT go buy us anything off this list. We still have no idea when we are getting a baby, how old the baby will be, or if it will even be a girl. Once all this is know, we'll have an updated list for anyone who feels compelled to get something for our new baby.

Back to my thought ... after pondering this for a couple days, I've decided that this is perfect. Why would I trust the opinion of a bunch of consumer researchers who may or may not even have a baby? What I need is a panel of mothers/grandmothers (ok, or fathers/grandfathers) who know their stuff and are willing to take a few minutes to make some recommendations. If any of you blog readers out there are willing to volunteer a few minutes to register me for the items you felt were essential, let me know and I'll send you our registry number and password.

5 comments:

HeatherAnne said...

Sign me up. I'm happy to help!

elizabeth said...

I'm in. I'd also be happy to send you some links to stuff you can't get at Babies R Us, for which you might want to do a myregistries.com type of list.

Rachel said...

Of course!

Anonymous said...

I don't know nothin' about no babies, but congratulations on getting closer to having your bebeh! --Meilee :)

Rebecca said...

You rock!