Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Adoption Update

So after three months of hearing nothing, we have finally heard some news on the adoption front. Our paperwork for Kazakhstan moved from the Consulate in NY to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kaz back on June 12th! Since we had heard nothing for so long, I just assumed we were delayed, but it turns out we are actually ahead of schedule. Our paperwork should be approved by the MFA in the next few weeks, then it will move to the Ministry of Education where it will be approved after another two weeks. Then we will finally be ready for a referral. This could take another month or two, which is fine by me at this point.

I would really like to take the actuarial exam I've been studying for on October 30th so I can pass it and be done with these tests. If we receive a referral too soon, there is a chance that travel will prevent me from taking this exam and I will have to wait until next fall to take it. Also, there is the distraction factor. If I were to get a picture of my adorable new child before my test, what do you think the odds are that I will actually focus on studying versus focus on buying all the crap my adorable new child will need, along with arranging for travel half-way around the world? Yeah, odds is my business and I can tell you, not looking good.

So at last, there seems to be light at the end of this tunnel and Ben and I might just yet become parents.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elizabeth said...

So exciting!!!

(and yeah, adorable new child would pretty much be off the charts as far as distractions go :)

Jason Norbury said...

I stand by my conviction that you should have stolen Nathan Jr.

They had so many...

Unknown said...

Yay! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm hoping you get a healthy baby at just the right time for you. Good luck!